Minimum Professional Requirements – Cambridge Speaking Examiner
- Education to first degree level or equivalent;
- A recognised language teaching qualification;
- Proof of substantial, relevant, recent teaching experience.
- For the Young Learners English tests (YLE), applicants should have recent experience of dealing with children, either socially or professionally, and must be prepared to sign a declaration that they are suitably responsible to examine children.
English language competences
- Overall language proficiency relevant to the examination level ;
- Clear diction including intelligibility outside the region/country where examining takes place;
- Linguistic accuracy;
- Ability to judge the grammatical accuracy, acceptability and appropriateness of spoken English at the relevant examination level.
Personal qualities and inter-personal skills
- Willingness to observe the need for confidentiality and security in all aspects of the work;
- Responsibility, conscientiousness, with an attention to detail;
- Ability to interact appropriately with the type of candidates for the examination in question in such a way as to ensure that the candidates provide an adequate sample of English representative of their speaking ability;
- Readiness to respond to Team Leader guidance and advice given in the context of training/certification meetings, monitoring, or informally.
- Access to PC and broadband for standardisation and other online activities;
- The aptitude to fulfil the administrative aspects of performing in the role of SE expected by a Centre Exams Manager, e.g. responsible, dependable, able to maintain confidentiality of the work involved (test materials, assessments, etc.), showing attention to detail, flexible, sensitive to impact on supplier schools
Benefits of becoming a Cambridge Speaking Examiner
- Free training course
- Free annual face-to-face refresher course
- Access to the Cambridge English Platform
- Extra income over the whole year
- Meetings with experts
- Prestigious professional growth
- Fitting remuneration
If you meet all the requirements of this position, please apply and send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, authorising the use of your personal data in accordance with Privacy Law 169/2003.